Details of Breakfast Runs in 2018 will be added here in due course.
The format of the last Breakfast Run in 2017 is detailed below.
Wilne Breakfast Run
DATE: Sunday 20th August 2017
MEET: Start and finish (at the side of) Coach & Horses Pub, Victoria Rd, Draycott, Derby DE72 3PS
|09:30- 9.40||Runner arrivals|
LEADER: Jake Lowe of Running with Jake
COST: £3.00 per person – to be paid upon arrival. Free for anyone affiliated to Wilne Runners
One Group: Training session will be delivered by Running with Jake
- The breakfast run is suitable for everyone (regardless of standard). More information about the paced session will be provided on the morning of the breakfast run
- We can accommodate people who are unable to jog/run the whole route as well as people who want to run at a quicker pace
- There will be leaders at the front, middle and the back of the session
- The session is planned around part of the Wilne 10k route. There will be a warm-up jog and a warm-down jog before and after the training session
- There is the option to just jog the warm-up and warm-down if you feel the total distance may be too far. If you would like to do this please let us know, preferably when you sign-up
- Runners who are tired or do not wish to run as far have the option of finishing earlier
- The breakfast run takes place on pavements, roads, trails, bridleways and footpaths. Although the terrain is good, parts of the route can become a bit muddy during the winter months so please bring suitable footwear/clothing for the conditions on the day
- There will be an opportunity to ask training related questions and advice after the breakfast run
- Please note that the breakfast run does not include a free breakfast or any refreshments. Drinks and snacks can be purchased in the Coach & Horses pub
Contact on the morning of the breakfast run: 07967 117856
PDF of information available HERE
Please note: you have to register for each breakfast run separately
ALL BEGINNERS (regardless of standard) ARE WELCOME – WE CAN ACCOMMODATE PEOPLE WHO ARE UNABLE TO JOG/RUN THE WHOLE ROUTE AS WELL AS PEOPLE WHO WANT TO RUN AT A QUICKER PACE.
Previous Breakfast Runs: