Due to new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules, we have devised a list of terms and conditions to provide clarity and transparency for both you as the volunteer and us as the organisers. Please read the terms and conditions below. If you have any concerns with regards to these terms and conditions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
ALL VOLUNTEERS MUST READ AND AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Volunteers under the age of 18 must have parental/guardian permission.
- Volunteers agree that they are medically fit to fulfil the duties. Volunteers who have an existing medical condition must inform the organisers of their condition and any medication they are taking in the eventuality of an emergency.
- Volunteers are asked not to wear headphones during the race as it is essential that all volunteers must be alert at all times to directions given by marshals in the case of an emergency.
- It is the duty of the volunteer to ensure that details are submitted accurately at the time of submission so they are included accurately in the RunDerby Race Series. No amendments can be made to the volunteer list for the RunDerby Race Series when they are made final, being two weeks after the race.
- Volunteers agree to the organiser storing their personal information and using this information for the purpose of organising the event.
- Volunteers agree that the organiser may publish their personal information as part of the results of the event and may pass such information to the governing body or any affiliated organisation for the purpose of insurance, licences or for publishing results either for the event alone or combined with or compared to other events. Results may include (but not be limited to) name, any club affiliation, occupation and age category.
- In compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998, volunteers have the right of access to their personal records held by the organiser, which may be subject to a small administration fee in line with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
- Volunteers authorises the organiser to disclose their full information for medical purposes on the day of the event.
- Volunteers give permission for the free use of their name, voice or image in any broadcast, telecast, advertising promotion or other account of this event. If the volunteer (or parent/guardian if the volunteer is under 18 years old) does not wish for their name, voice or image to be used in this manner, they should contact the organiser in writing.