Click the image below to view this year’s prize structure:
- Prizes will be awarded on the basis of the official ‘gun times’ in accordance with UKA Rules of Competition and the Event Rules.
- Veterans are eligible for open individual prizes.
- Runners will only be awarded one individual prize of the highest prize value, except for the ‘1st to 5k Challenge’ prize and the course record prize. Cash and voucher prizes are considered a higher prize value than non-cash/voucher prizes.
- Cash prizes will be in the form of a written cheque.
- Where open prizes are won by veterans, the first veteran to finish in each age category who has not already qualified for an open prize will receive the age group prize.
- Should there be any doubt of discrepancies of the results, then the Wilne 10k organisers reserve the right to withhold awarding a prize until the results become official (up to 14 days after the race).
- All prize winners will be displayed on the event website within 14 days of the race.
- Age on race day determines age category entitlement.
- The prize for the ‘1st to 5k Challenge’ (the 1st runner to reach the 5 kilometre half way point in the race based on gun time) will only be awarded if the runner completes the full Wilne 10 kilometre road race.
- Only the first 3 females and 4 males finishers of an affiliated club count towards their respective team results. There are no ‘B’, ‘C’, etc team results.
- ‘Local’ refers to runners whose postcode (as indicated on their application form and main residence) falls within the postcode areas of DE72, DE74 and NG10. The organisers reserve the right to request proof of residence.
- ‘British’ refers to British Passport holders who are eligible to compete for Great Britain and Northern Ireland (as confirmed by UKA). The organisers reserve the right to request proof of nationality and eligibility.
- Awards in the Team category apply to UKA affiliated clubs and will be calculated on cumulative time (not finishing places).
- All prizes and categories listed are subject to amendment.
- Prizes will only be awarded based on the information submitted through the formal entry process. If runners have failed to supply any information relevant to the prize awards, then the data may not be included in the results after the race and they may not receive the relevant prize that could have been eligible for. It is the runners’ responsibility to ensure their entrant data is submitted accurately.
- Any runner falsely claiming a prize through their entry data, by claiming to be someone else, or by any other fraudulent method will result in the prize being withdrawn from them and the runner will be reported to UK Athletics.
- All prizes must be collected within 1 calendar month of the race day.
- All appeals and correspondence to be addressed to the Race Director. The decision of the Race Referee shall be final.